Thread: Informatinal instructions alongside the descrition of product sold [accesories]

Default Informatinal instructions alongside the descrition of product sold [accesories]

Aloha

I have had my smoker for over 5 Years and love it the SS has survived everyday 1/2 mile from the ocean out in the Hawaiian air.

I thought it would be nice to have an instruction[s] placed on the website along with the devices sold. Like the jerky fan thingy bob and the cold smoker sheet and the flavor basket.

I have cold smoked salmon by using a Styrofoam cooler on top of the smoker. cut holes in the bottom and the lid. a pan for ice rack to place fish over ice then let the smoker rock and roll. with the holes offset so the smoke travels over the fish. would the cold smoker plate be easier?

I have left the door open a 1/2" to dry jerky as I smoke.

Short answer is... Yes!

I love my cold plate. But I must admit, your idea sounds quite creative!
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all

I have the cold smoke plate and it works quite well, but the basic method is to leave the smoker on for only 15 minutes, then turn it off and leave the door closed for another 45 minutes. Even with the cold smoke plate, the smoker will eventually heat up if you leave it on for too long.

Your method essentially turns the ST into a traditional cold smoker with a smoke generating chamber and a separate smoking chamber. I can see no reason why it wouldn't work fine for cold smoking.