Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jerky Dryer System

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Boy View Post
    I like the Jerky Dryer. I use 93% Lean Ground Beef. Hi Mountain Jerky Cure & Seasoning are available at Academy.
    Thank you, Cajon Boy! Headed to Academy after work, before the ice hits Dallas
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all

Wait.... you use lean ground beef to make jerky? Pls elaborate!

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

I've made it both ways, with whole muscle and with ground, both using the High Mountain cures. There are several products out there, "Jerky Shooter" comes to mind. Envision a ground meat caulking gun and you've got the idea. Lays out about an inch wide strip.
    I believe in catch and release fishing. I don't want to EAT 'em all, I just want to GREET 'em all!

Would that need to be on a cooking sheet? I am thinking the product, once laid out, might fall apart if not supported by the tray? Am I envisioning this correctly?
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all

I've used the 1/4 inch mesh seafood screen, and years ago in the oven and other smokers (gasp!) i used aluminum mesh window screen laid over the oven racks.

If I were going to put it on anything else, I'd be tempted to use parchment paper, seems like it would hold the moisture less than a cookie sheet.
    I believe in catch and release fishing. I don't want to EAT 'em all, I just want to GREET 'em all!

Thanks, bigwalleye.

Sorry for all the questions, last one for now: Do you think they sell the "jerkey shooter" @ Academy?

As a northern boy, I can't help you on that one.

Cabelas or Gander Mountain certainly should, though.

Yes . . . Academy does sell Jerkey Shooters.
    Last edited by Cajun Boy; 12-14-2013 at 05:31 PM. Reason: mis-spelled word

Thanks, Cajun

Hey D . , , Let me know how you like it . . . O.K. Cha?