Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's Smoking for Thanksgiving

Default Who's Smoking for Thanksgiving

Thought it would be fun to reach out to all the great folks on this site and see who's smoking what for Thanksgiving. Will turkey be the number one item? I'll start off by saying I won't be doing a turkey, but a deboned half of a ham. Now let's hear from the rest of the gang.

I plan to try my first smoked turkey. Either doing a ham or a brisket to go with it. I've made a sweet potato pie in my smoker that turned out great, will do that again for sure. Probably try to do a cobbler as well.
    I'm Jewish so it's 2 holidays this year!! Looking forward to a few good cigars and some great food!!

Sodaking27.....I will be doing a turkey and a ham.
    "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE"

I'll be ding a turkey. I'm hoping to figure out how long it might take by doing one this weekend as a test. The test one is brining away right now!

BillyBob, Xyzzy
    Thanks for your input. Let's not forget to post some pictures of your cook also. Now let's here from the rest of you members out there.

HaroldMB,
    Sweet Potato Pie in your smoker??!! Please, please send us your recipe and how you smoked it. With or without wood? What temp.
    Please take pictures and post here on our forum.
    Looking forward to Thanksgiving!
    Thanks and happy smoking!

Quote Originally Posted by Sodaking27 View Post
    Thought it would be fun to reach out to all the great folks on this site and see who's smoking what for Thanksgiving. Will turkey be the number one item? I'll start off by saying I won't be doing a turkey, but a deboned half of a ham. Now let's hear from the rest of the gang.
    turkey for the first time.

Since I will not be smoking a turkey this Thanksgiving and it was calling for a rainy day on Sunday. I picked up a 11 lb fresh bird from BJ's yesterday and smoked it today. I decided to try a little something different and injected it using the Cajun Injector flavor of Honey Bacon BBQ. Turned out really juicy and tasty. Smoked it at 250 until I had an internal temp of 170 in the breast. Here are a couple pictures.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	289

Views:	33 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	290

Views:	35 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	291
    Last edited by Sodaking27; 11-17-2013 at 07:37 PM.

I'll certainly be smokin. Turkey. Generally a 20 lb or so. Take a look at the SmokinTex video on youtube for smokin a turkey to give you some idea. God smokin! :-D
    I think the world is wearing bi-focals, I'm the only one with perfect vision. 'Paul Newman" in "Cool Hand Luke"

Turkey this year!