Thread: Durabilty

Default Durabilty

I have the 1400 and this is one strong unit. I was knocking back a few and forgot to turn it off after i pulled my ribs. Received a call and left town for a week leaving the smoker on the whole time. Called Smokin Tex and Scott said it should be fine and to cook with it so I smoked a 5 pound chicken and it turned out great no problems. Smoking some wings and bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers before the game Sunday. Totally loving my 1400, I think I am going to name it. Yea it deserves a name.

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

Default If you're looking for suggestions....

It ran all week long and still solid at the end of the week? Not too much longer that some folks here that have done back to back to back cooks...

I like Charlize, or possibly Jessica.
    I believe in catch and release fishing. I don't want to EAT 'em all, I just want to GREET 'em all!

These cookers just keep going and going. I have ran mine 6 days solid with swapping out loads. 18 hours per load and swap in a new load. Thinking I have replaced both elements 3 times and coard 2 times. But mine is I would have to look up the paper work. But its 10+ years old for sure and guessing over 11 years. I do keep elements on hand in case one goes out. I can put a new one in and keep going.
    Pete
    Proud owner of one of the first of 1500's sold when they were more like a test smoker
    Doctor told me years ago to quite smoking, So I quit cold turkey. But will never quit smoking with my Smokin Tex 1500

Quote Originally Posted by bigwalleye View Post
    It ran all week long and still solid at the end of the week? Not too much longer that some folks here that have done back to back to back cooks...

I like Charlize, or possibly Jessica.
    I also like Sophia... like Sophia Vergara. Because like your week long smoke in your SmokinTex, she is smokin' hot
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

10-4, Darren.

Need a name that also personifies that "bad girl", get it done with class kind of attitude.

Looking at my 1400, a "Jennifer" she ain't.
    I believe in catch and release fishing. I don't want to EAT 'em all, I just want to GREET 'em all!